Inn at Jackson’s History
The Inn at Jackson was built in 1902 as the summer home of Kate Corrine Baldwin of Brooklyn, NY and of Baldwin piano family fame. For a number of years prior to the purchase, Baldwin had been a regular guest at Wentworth Hall in the village. During this time she befriended Katherine Wormeley, another Summer Jackson resident.
Wormeley’s house, now known as the Inn at Thorn Hill was adjacent to the property and was designed by world-renowned architect Stanford White(1853-1906). It is believed that Wormeley referred Baldwin to Stanford White for the design of her home.
Kate Baldwin and her relations continued to use the cottage until around 1922, when it was sold to Ella and Arthur Gray and became known as Gray’s Manor until 1935.
Since then, under various owners, it has continued to be used as a hostelry, with such names as Alrich Inn, Jackson Lodge, and its current name, the Inn at Jackson.